Friday 8 July 2011

Verizon abusing Data users


Like Tree1Likes
ReplyOld 06-24-2011, 04:20 PM Device Model: 9630(Tour) --> 9650(Bold)Default Verizon abusing Data users So I have been a Verizon user for 11 years, I have stayed loyal due to their "Customer Service" and always making a wrong a right. However, now they have gone too far with my business's unlimited data plan.

I go to Europe 3x a year for 1-2 months at a time, I switch to their international unlimited data plan and tend to consumer 140+ MB as I use google maps for directions and BBM / Whatsapp. Now however it costs,
$100 for 70mb. That is INSANE, I have no other recourse other than to end my contract with Verizon or find another provider in the meantime. Of course I am not happy to do this. However, I do not want to get royally screwed when I am traveling with a $400 bill.

What are you guys doing while you are away, what are you going to do. The only way I see is for me to cancel my account and stick it where it hurts. Unfortunately, we all know VZA most likely does not care and will just continue what they are doing regardless of what we say.

Reply With Quote Old 06-25-2011, 04:27 PM Device Model: 9630(Tour) --> 9650(Bold)Default Originally Posted by Artemis68 View Post I've always used local sims. Take a gsm phone with you and get a local sim. I get one with unlimited data but next to none of anything else since I won't use it. It ends up being really cheap.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.

Who do you usually use. Motorcycle Mama Just curious as to why one would expect their US phone service provider to provide them with a "economical" data solution in another country. You make absolutely no sense. This argument is flawed, for if I were to walk in a store and say, hey I need to buy your product and would like to secure an upgrade for international service the first week in July. Should I do that now or then. My reply is, "Don't worry just come back 2 weeks before you go we can do that plan for you no problem."

Then you come back and are told, "Sorry you need to pay $100 for 70mb..." Am I wrong to expect for their word to be honored?

Reply With Quote Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM Artemis68's AvatarLocation: Upstate NY for home - PA for collegeDefault I normally go to the UK so my favourite carrier to use there is tmobile UK. I can get a free SIM for 10 pounds that comes with 60 international minutes that I can use to call back home. Add another 5 pounds or so, and I have unlimited data for a month. I use GV for texting back home.

Awesome deal, IMO.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.

__________________
For the Stalkers.
"If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson Reply With Quote Old 06-29-2011, 06:35 PM Default Just get a second GSM phone with a local data plan. You should find something fairly cheap - and you will have a second phone as a backup. That's what I do (even as I have unlocked my Verizon BB).

You can buy a 7" tablet for that as well, works nicer for navigation as well. I wonder if you can tether a playbook from some cheap used local blackberry.

Last edited by Karamba; 06-29-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reply With Quote Reply



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment