Thursday 14 July 2011

Verizon Transferring from one 4G phone to another

Join DateAug 2004LocationNebraskaPosts211CarrierVerizon (was Alltel)Feedback Score0

Currently have a Droid Charge that my wife isn't happy with. Found someone that has a TB that they aren't happy with (and she'd be ok with having).

So, assuming I plan to go through with it how do I go about it? Our phone is currently under contract, and I'm not sure about the other phone.


Do I just swap the SIM card and SD card (to save the pictures) in her Charge into the TB and away we go? Is there anything else that needs to be done on the account?


We already have insurance. I'm assuming it will be null and void now? What about the warranty? It's not being tampered with or anything and both are only a few weeks old.


I know that's a lot of questions but unfortunately I can't find much on the web about how it works (probably because they haven't been out very long and it hasn't really come up).


Thoughts (besides opinions about the individual phones)?

Join DateJul 2009Posts10Feedback Score0
I've read others say they just swapped SIMs, but have no personal experience or official page to link to. You could meet the other person, try swapping SIMs, then call somebody and see if it goes through to know for sure.

I'd think insurance would continue billing you on your account, but in the event you actually needed to use it that's when they'd say 'Woah, this isn't the phone the insurance was for', so be sure to cancel the insurance if you do swap them.

Join DateJun 2003Posts584PhoneHTC ThunderboltCarrierVerizon WirelessFeedback Score0
As the previous post mentioned, I've read of a VZW subscriber moving a SIM from one phone to another... and everything worked. Regarding the insurance, I'm not certain how that would work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using HowardForums

Join DateAug 2004LocationNebraskaPosts211CarrierVerizon (was Alltel)Feedback Score0
Called a corp. store. They said that essentially that's all that needs to be done, but that apparently the phones need to be tied to the proper accounts also (which is easy for them to do). They also said the TEC will stay intact as the TEC covers the current phone on the account. Even if I needed to drop it and re-add it, I'm still within the first 30 days so I should be good. He wasn't sure about the warranty itself, but thought that would work out ok too...but if I have TEC it won't matter...

So, hopefully it really is that easy...




View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment